What the FUCK, Men of Rajasthan??!?!

Disclaimer: Please excuse my language. Usually I try not to bring controversial topics up with my blog, but some things just need to be said. I didn’t say it in 2010 and now I just have to. This post is definitely a textbook “rant,” and I would typically wait to reread and edit my rants before posting but again, this needs to be said and perhaps the ranting will reveal just how upset, angry, and frustrated I am with this.

I am done being diplomatic. Ever since I first visited Rajasthan in 2010, I’ve been making excuses for the behavior of the men here, trying to find fault in myself for their inappropriate actions and attitudes. No more. There are no excuses. What they’re doing is disgusting and just plain WRONG!

The first time I came to Jaipur on an overnight bus, I suffered silently and uncomplaining because I didn’t want to “rock the boat” about the old geezer sitting behind me who had very active hands in “his sleep.” Or the time when I was walking down the street with my boyfriend and a group of men tried to accost me and in order to avoid the fight that was about to ensue, I had to literally drag my very angry boyfriend away from the growing mob. And I can’t even remember how many times I was “casually” groped walking down a crowded street almost anywhere in India.

And now it’s happening again. And can I just say, I’m SICK OF IT! I’m sick of the smooching noises the men make at me and the salacious looks they give me and most of all, I’m sick of them touching my ass in the streets. Just because you keep walking, doesn’t make it okay.

I was wrong. This is NOT an issue of being sensitive and understanding to a different “culture.” No. For me to have chalked the terrible experiences I’ve had in India with Indian men as part of Indian culture is a gross disservice to Indian culture and to the many decent, honorable Indian men I have met along the way. For that, I am truly sorry.

But seriously, what the fuck, men of Rajasthan?

The sorry excuse of “sexual repression” is just a coverup for sexual AGGRESSION and I’m sick of the lot who are sexist, ignorant, and sexual predators because if you’re following me and hiding every time I stop to try to lose you and yet there you are still behind me a couple of streets down, REPEATEDLY, you are stalking me! And if you touch my ass one more time, I’m going to get all American on somebody and give you a nice, swift kick in the balls.

Yes, I’m pretty sure I’ll get a ton of hate mail and comments about the things I’ve said here in this blog. But you know what? This isn’t me hating on India or the people of India, or even the men of India. I LOVE India in a way that is so intense, it’s hard to articulate even to myself. There’s a reason I keep coming back, and still want to come back again and again. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, and I’m pretty sure I’ll keep saying it: I have met some really wonderful, friendly people, male and female, in India. I find this country amazing and full of surprises. Just sometimes, it’s “challenging” and “frustrating” (this is me reverting back to my nice, diplomatic ways).

My only question left is “What the fuck, men of Rajasthan?” What makes you think it’s perfectly acceptable to assault women in the streets? I really want to know because it’s not a culture thing. It can’t be. And I’m not using that as your excuse anymore. If you harass a woman or touch a woman inappropriately or follow them around making stupid sex noises, that’s not culture. That’s you being an asshole.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS because I don’t know what I should do when this keeps happening to me and I’m really not the type to get angry and yell, and certainly not to get violent, but when push comes to shove and well, let’s just say I’m getting pushed to the limits of my patience with this behavior.

The Guardian also just wrote a piece on this issue which is just TERRIFYING. I suggest you also read the article to find out more about some of these disturbing attitudes.

And PS. I do NOT flirt (ask any of my friends about it, I totally suck at it) AND I dress like a covered up hippie grandmother so don’t EVEN ask me what I was doing/wearing or I will hunt YOU down and give YOU a swift kick where the sun don’t shine.

Categories: India

66 Comments

• Deepa J says:

I am sorry to hear about your experience. As an Indian, all I can do is, apologize on behalf of my brothers and sisters.

But, it happens to me too. I have never walked down the street without a tease in one form or the other. It is unfortunate that a country where mothers are worshiped as the highest form of holiness, also treats local younger women and foreigners disgustingly.

It is not you, it is not the culture. It is the worse qualities of men displayed at it’s best.

I hope this won’t stop you from returning to India.

• Connvoyage says:

Yes, it happens to young women in general. My good friend in Bombay was telling me stories about how her friends have been assaulted as well. I didn’t mean to make it sound like it was only happening to me. Obviously, not all men are like this and it truly is unfortunate. I won’t let this stop me from coming back to India, nor will I let it destroy my fascination and love for this incredible country. I just don’t understand where this behavior and attitude comes from and that’s where the true frustration lies.

• Deepa J says:

There are few different things that seem to lead to this kind of behavior in my opinion.

– Male chauvinism
        – Lack of exposure to women’s body and sex leading to increased curiosity
        – It is mostly ignored by general public and these misbehaving men are not questioned nor punished. So, they think it is acceptable.
        – Lack of governance and punishment

But, nothing can justify what they do to us.

• Connvoyage says:

No, there is no justification for it. I think the biggest factors are the last two. There hasn’t been enough punishment or governance, and men who have raped before have gone unpunished, paving way for this to be looked upon as “acceptable” behavior. I think with the recent news, there’s going to be more accountability. It’s a slow, perhaps painfully slow process, but this could be that small stepping stone India needs. Let’s hope so, anyway.

• Julia says:

I am in Rajasthan right now. I am a female, and whenever I walk down the street alone these are so disgusting – nevery single one undresses me with his eyes, every single one yells “halo”, smacks lips, whistles and makes sounds that (my interpretation) simulate ones produced during sexual intercourse.

Another notable feature – even compared to Muslim countries like Syria, Morocco, Yemen – there are NO Indian women in the street either! Well, maybe some bot so few and far between… They don’t even go shopping!

I am applalled at what I am seeing here. I simply cannot feel anything good towards the folk I meet in the street. They are rude, disgusting barbarians.

• Sorry to hear about your experience Connie. Posts like this aren’t wrong – it’s exactly what people need to know certain places can be like, so they can be prepared. Tell people how it is.

Stay safe

A
    The CounterIntuitive recently posted…Hiking up Pedra da GaveaMy Profile

• Razlan says:

This post is really alarming, especially in light of recent happenings in India. Please be extra mindful. Practice your kungfu panda kicks and carry pepper sprays around with you.
    Razlan recently posted…The One With Fiat Caffé – An Experiment With Food MeditationMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Yes, alarming indeed. But I do have to say, India is still incredible and I’m having amazing experiences and meeting great people. It’s just sometimes, things get tough. I’m being extra careful and mindful of my surroundings, thanks!

• Kim says:

I’m glad you’re saying this, no need to apologize for your rant. I’ve been in India and haven’t experienced this at all, but I do hear about it happening all of the time. It’s terrible and NO ONE should have to deal with that shit (and I’ve read that Guardian article and it is terrifying). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I support your decision to deliver a quick kick to the balls when the need arises.
    Kim recently posted…What to do about beggars in India?My Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Thanks for your support Kim. I’m such a pacifist, I don’t think I would actually kick anyone. I mean, unless it got to that point. And I’m really hoping it doesn’t.

• Like you said, there are no excuses. Rajasthan has been my dream destination for long, but such attitudes do turn me off! :( Is such behavior pervasive throughout the state?

I apologize on behalf of my countrymen (and women!) :)
    Krithika Rangarajan recently posted…Word of 3/25/2013: InvectiveMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Please do NOT let a few jerks dictate your life! Rajasthan is one of the MOST incredible places I have ever been to and as terrible, annoying, frustrating, and disgusted as I may be with some of the things I have had to put up with, I have also had some AMAZING experiences and met some of the best people here. It sucks, but it’s also wonderful. If that makes any sense at all…

• Vanessa says:

Great post, rant absolutely justified. I don’t have any solutions but I wanted to say I support you and I’m so sorry you and so many others have had to experience this. If you or anyone finds of some local women’s organization that is working to combat this or improve other conditions for women / community, let us know so we can lend our support.

• vegan miam says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience in Rajasthan, and I have never been there either, but I know what it was like being in a foreign country. For instance, there are not many Asians in Colombia during my stay, but I imagine going myself it would been really weird. I’ve been wooed before, I’ve been stared at, I’ve been commented at, etc. But I’m glad you went with your boyfriend. :)
    vegan miam recently posted…Las Vegas: Society Café at WynnMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

It’s one thing to be in a foreign country, but another to be assaulted. In any case, this shouldn’t be a problem, or at least there should be more tangible, viable solutions. And having a boyfriend doesn’t protect you.

• I’ve had similar experiences like this in countries other than India and never wrote about it because of the same reasons you put this post off. It’s never right and to be completely honest: absolute shit!!! This is your experience on the road and one a lot of women go through, so it’s good of you to speak up on it. Safe travels lady :/
    Bobbi Lee Hitchon recently posted…Dinner and a show: Circus LondonMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

I was apprehensive, but I’m glad I spoke up too. It’s not easy to bring up something so terrible and controversial, but I think it is an important discussion that more people should be having. I’ll stay safe, and you do the same. I hope you’ll share your tales too because we need more people talking about this kind of stuff.

• Normally, I am not one to condone the F-bomb … but in this case, I’ll make an exception. I think it’s high time we started speaking out about the “casual” abuse women suffer in India, and elsewhere too. Indian men are not the only ones who behave this way! Speak out sisters!
    Mariellen Ward recently posted…What’s the story? Is travel in India safe?My Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Yeah, I’m still like, “Oh, should I take that word off and replace it with something nicer?” But then I thought, “You know what, there are some things that aren’t nice in this world and this time, I’m going to use the F-bomb.” I’ll have to check out your recent post too!

• adrien says:

ma’am can’t do anything Indian men are dogs and I am ashamed of the fact that I am Indian man. the thing is Indian men don’t know to control their urge and they behave like animal seriously. I am extremely sorry for the discomfort that you’ve faced.

• Connvoyage says:

Saying that Indian men just don’t know how to control themselves means that they aren’t responsible for their actions. And if you’re going to call them dogs, can’t dogs be taught new tricks? Can’t Indian men learn better then? Come on, everyone is responsible for their actions. It’s excuses like this that leads to compliance and acceptance of these behaviors. That’s not what women want, and it’s certainly not what we deserve.

• It seems like we just had this conversation. Wait…we actually just did.

• Connvoyage says:

Haha! I know! And after our conversation, I thought “I should really come clean about those experiences because people ought to know.” I guess this was Fate’s way of giving me a little nudge!

• Angela says:

I’m sorry to hear about your experiences in India, but sadly, I’m not surprised. Apart from a couple of sleazy looks, I’ve never been harassed while in India, but now I’m thinking it was because I was never alone, I was always either with tour guides or my Indian friends, both men and women. I’ve been hearing about too many stories like yours, from both foreign and Indian women, and it is disturbing and very, very wrong. While this happens everywhere (my country, Italy, is by no means an exception!), India seems to have a sad and worrying record. It would really be the case Indian authorities approached the issue once and for all in a very effective way.
    Angela recently posted…Dear Rome, I’m backMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Yes, I think this issue definitely needs to be addressed by the Indian government. Hopefully with the recent press it’s been getting, the officials will see just how big of a problem this is and start making changes.

• Dawn says:

I can somewhat relate. I’m traveling around Central America right now and the Latino men are pretty aggressive as well, though at least most of them refrain from outright groping. I can’t even imagine it being that bad. Yikes.
    Dawn recently posted…Volunteer With Animals In ChinaMy Profile

• vt says:

Really sorry to hear about the abuse. It is not just foreigners, even Indian women face casual and serious abuse in the hands of illiterate, shameful and uneducated males who for some reason have no respect for the female kind. These kind of people are at it, trying their best to degrade our beautiful country. They probably no not respect their mothers, or their sisters. Shame!
    vt recently posted…Photo Of The Day – Inside An Apatani HouseMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

It is shameful, but it’s not the entire country. I keep telling people India is a beautiful country and worth visiting, but just be careful and know what’s going on around you at all times.

• jill says:

Grrrr, I’m sorry that you had to deal with this. I’m sure it’s frustrating. You’re a much better person than I am, I would’ve hiked it out there real quick you can see the dust cloud.
    jill recently posted…My Kind of Beach in Belitung, IndonesiaMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

The first time this happened to me in Rajasthan, I hid in my hotel room for most of the time and really regretted letting these jerks control my experience. This time, I’m trying to be brave, yet still careful and aware of what’s going on around me. It’s frustrating but the beauty of the country and most of its people makes the frustration worthwhile. You just have to be on your toes at all times.

• abi says:

No you are not alone in saying this out loud and you wont be criticized for saying it either. a misguided machismo culture is prevalent in certain western parts of India such as Rajasthan UP and MP. rape culture is more so in these regions including Haryana. It is well accepted by even Indians in india and abroad. Why it exists is hard to tell but it has to do something with the harshness of the environment and centuries old cavalier attitude in men who have had to fight hordes of invasions from foreigners. the east and south of India did not face this as much and tend to have a more relaxed approach to life. but overall, India, as with most emerging nations, and even pockets of western nations, continue to have machismo attitudes. its just given the large size of the nation, it seems more prevailing than anywhere else. its a bit of statistical anomaly too.

• Connvoyage says:

Agree that it’s no single factor, but habits and attitudes can change and I’m really hoping this is the case with India and other parts of the world that still hold onto these archaic beliefs.

• bianca says:

Thank you for your blog! Its good for us that are just planning a trip to India and to get prepared

We will be 2 women traveling so I hope we dont face this

In your knowledge … does this happen only in Rajasthan?

In your experience .. what woul happen if you do slap them away or do something physical? Obviously I am talking about this only if they touch you … I guess as long as they dont touch you the best to do is ignore

Thanks again

• Connvoyage says:

They touch you. That is the main point of my blog. They touch you inappropriately, breasts and ass, and think it’s okay. They follow you making sexual gestures and noises and think it’s okay. This happened to me even when I was with my boyfriend. The young women in Delhi who was recently brutally raped and beaten and left for dead on the side of the road was with a male companion at the time, who was also brutally beaten.

I can’t say for sure if this will happen to you and your friend or not, certainly everyone has a different experience and I have no idea what makes it happen to some and not others, but it is something to be aware of.

Personally, the harassment is worst for me in Rajasthan, but it happens all over India to some degree. I have no idea what would happen if I fought back physically. In some occurrences where I had men harassing me on the streets, other men have spoken up on my behalf and other times the harassment goes ignored by those standing around. Again, I have no idea what the triggers are.

I don’t want to scare you, or anyone else for that matter, but this is real and it can be very dangerous. Come to India! The experience will be unforgettable, but be smart and be safe.

• Roosevelt says:

The sadness of your posting to me is twofold:
    a. you have no reason to apologize or offer sensitivity to anyone reading this as you are being groped and molested. Better to surface it and make the country/region feel embarrassed by this growing reputation vs. soften the blow as if you are having a bad mood day.
    b. As a male who has verbally (and nearly physically) assaulted unknown men who took advantage of women in a similar situation in bars. The challenge is any passer-by who allows this to happen without saying/doing anything is almost guilty as the person doing it. As if they allow this to a tourist it would translate they are allowing this to local women, teenage girls, etc.

• Connvoyage says:

It is sad, and it does happen to the locals. Probably even more so since they don’t even have the means to fight back legally. It’s unfortunate but this behavior is accepted and overlooked by most of society here as “men just can’t help themselves.” I do hope as more stories like mine surface, people will start taking action to bringing this issue to the forefront and address what changes need to be made.

• Flora says:

You’re absolutely right to rant about this – it’s something that many travellers end up being unable to voice (myself included), but it should definitely be spoken about much more often. There are so many discussions happening at the moment about cultural differences and foolhardy tourists but the fact of the matter is that sexual aggression, dominance and full-on threatening behaviour from men towards women is ALWAYS wrong. Hopefully more people will start to understand this and maybe those advantageous Indian men we’ve both had to deal with will begin to change their ways. Or a law will be put in place to stop them instead.
    Flora recently posted…Coping with Cuenca’s Crazy WeatherMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Yes, we can only hope. It is a difficult subject to discuss, but I’m glad I finally brought it up and am heartened to hear so many people being supportive. Unfortunately, the people who really need to get the message that this kind of behavior is unacceptable will never read my blog or everyone’s comments, or even think twice about what they’re doing is wrong.

• Shawn says:

No need to apologize for using colorful language to express
    frustration about pathetic
    behaviour too often attributed to “cultural differences.”
    I don’t know a lot about Indian culture, but there is no excuse
    for blatant disrespect for women, or fellow humans in general,
    behaviour that tests the patience of a traveler truly searching for (and
    receptive to) the beauty in a foreign culture.
    No matter how neglected these men’s tiny cocks are, they must understand
    that it is just pathetic to act like monkeys banging sticks on the ground.
    So rant away. Those with a voice should rant. Rant until it stops.

• Connvoyage says:

The problem is that they really don’t understand why they can’t behave this way. Read The Guardian article I linked towards the end of my post. It’s a shocking eye-opener to the psyche of some of the men here in India.

• ra says:

At least this has all come to the world’s attention. The attitudes will, with patience change. Also, if the coming laws are strong enough, it will cause a change.
    True, a mother in India is holy. I, myself, go to see Amma – and get hugged – every time she is near where I am, or visa-versa.
    This is not what I understand as Indian culture, and would advise any woman visiting India to spend a year doing Akido! That would make the men there think twice… and after one encounter, would never again molest a woman!!!

• Connvoyage says:

Yes, it will definitely take a lot of patience, and time for things to change here. And certainly self-defense skills would be very helpful should the situation escalate to that point, and let’s hope that it doesn’t!

• Edena says:

Good post. Appalling behavior must be brought to light. Without dissemination of information, there will never be any attention to really policing behavior and effective enforcement against the same. Thank you for putting it out there and making more people aware and to plan travels with safety in kind. You just might be saving lives. Stay safe yourself and happy travels.

• The only time I ever really felt scared of a man while traveling was in India. Usually, the noises, stares, comments don’t bother me, but in India it was so intense. It didn’t color my time spent in India, because I would go back in a second, but it definitely stuck with me. :(

• Connvoyage says:

I remember talking to you about it when we met up in Jaipur last time. This level of harassment certainly can’t taint the amazingness of the rest of India, but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth when it happens. And yes. Intense is definitely the right word to use!

• Kit Whelan says:

You are not alone, Connie. And I have no idea how to make sense of it. I’ve experienced this in so many countries in the world, from Egypt to Barbados to the UK and US. It is not “culture” to harass women on the street or assault them. At least it’s no part of culture that deserves respect.

I actually wrote a blog post about this a while back when I was in a clear headspace (usually I’m very angry and wish nothing more than to kick these guys in the nuts repeatedly): http://www.seeknewtravel.com/street-harassment-is-it-ever-ok/
    Would love your thoughts.

In the end I think the only thing we can do is to continue to share our stories, support fellow victims, and work for change that inevitably happens too slowly. And possibly carry pepper spray.
    Kit Whelan recently posted…Essential Gear: Solid ShampooMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Hi Kit! Thanks for sharing your article here. Even after my own experiences, I still feel the *attitudes* that contribute to the actions of these men are cultural, but that doesn’t mean I think that the actions themselves are acceptable or tolerable. Although a swift kick to the nuts would be very satisfying in most of these situations, I don’t think they would have the effect we would like, which is that the men would realize that they can’t treat women, foreign or domestic, in this way. And while sharing our stories and supporting victims is great and helpful in their own way, I still don’t know how much good it will do in bringing about actual change.

I feel like this is such a pessimistic view. I do hope that change is coming and I firmly believe it is. I just think it’s going to take a a very long time and until that time comes, far too many more women will be victims.

• Iv says:

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience. I’ve never been to India but my experiences of similar, though not even *close* to this aggressive, behavior have been in LatAm. Here, I chalked it up to culture as the “offending” males to to be in the same age group as the woman, and the extent that I’ve seen it go is a simple “bonita” or small whistle from one individual. No grabbing, no stalking, not even a creepy eye. I would say that the feeling is similar to any big European/American city with a slightly more forward attitude. I don’t necessarily condone it, again, but I can accept it as being part of the Latin culture. What you’ve described crosses all boundaries.

• Connvoyage says:

I’ve heard about LatAm, though I didn’t experience that when I was traveling alone in Peru. Again, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. Hopefully these actions, however slight, will continue to lessen over time, right?

• I often have people laughing at me in the street because I wear tiny tight shorts and little vests, but as a man traveling alone, I have to remind myself that women get heckled, touched, accosted in the street for doing absolutely nothing – worlds apart.The behaviour of these men wouldn’t be justifiable even if you were wearing tiny skirts. Thanks for sharing your story – I’m sorry that you had to experience it, it’s shit on shit on shit, but the reminder that travel isn’t always sipping cocktails on the beach is useful.
    David @ That Gay Backpacker recently posted…How gay is Laos? Not veryMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Indeed this sort of behavior isn’t justified under any circumstances. I’m glad to have reminded people that a life of travel isn’t always just cocktails and beaches, but the situation still sucks and one I could have seriously done without.

• JoAnna says:

My years in Egypt sound just like your time in India. I share your frustration and rage when it comes to being assaulted, harassed and accosted in the street. There isn’t an excuse large enough to condone the behaviour of men who should know better. Why do they do it? I’ve heard all the sociological rhetoric and I still don’t get it.

The thing that infuriates me the most is it doesn’t matter how you look, what you wear or who you’re with. I could walk around with a garbage bag over my body with five layers of blankets and I’d still get harassed. I feel badly for travellers who go through these kind of demoralising experiences and vow never to return to certain countries. I feel even worse for the nationals who endure this crap day in and day out. Thanks for a great post.
    JoAnna recently posted…When There’s Money to Burn: Have a Michelin Star Meal at Tim RaueMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

The sad truth is that the victims shouldn’t be the ones looking at themselves to see what they did “wrong” or to “deserve” this type of treatment. Men shouldn’t act this way. Period. And yes, I do feel horribly for all the women who have to endure it day in and day out.

• Amanda Halm says:

Ugh. Never been to India, would love to sometime, but have experienced scary street harassment (not as aggressive, though) with men here in the US. It makes me want to cry because some men still think it’s a compliment. It’s SCARY. It happens to all women, no matter what you look like.
    The first time it happened, I was 11 and chased by a group of boys for blocks calling me a b!tch and demanding I turn around. Don’t apologize for your frustration. I’m glad you wrote this. Also, it’s international anti street harassment week and I really liked this article from B!tch magazine. http://bitchmagazine.org/post/three-ways-straight-dudes-can-help-end-street-harassment
    Thank you for this!

• Connvoyage says:

Sorry to hear about your own experiences. And yes, it doesn’t matter what the woman looks like. It’s the way men view women in general that drives this type of behavior.

• Maria says:

ick. Connie I understand your disgust and extreme annoyance. I hate it when this behavior is practiced anywhere and I’ve never understood it. Do they really think a woman would turn around and welcome them or agree to something further? Glad you brought it up, that you’re outspoken about it. Remaining silent won’t change a thing. Kudos Connie!
    Maria recently posted…An Elevated EncounterMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Thank you! I’m not sure how much change my rant can bring about, but it’s heartening to hear from so many supportive people. Hopefully the exposure will bring about the change needed.

• Hii Connie,

I’m so sory that you’ve had to deal with this stuff during your travels. In light of recent events happening in India, it’s important to let so many people know about how women are treated in another country. While I’m a pacifist as well, I support you in getting point across if the situation warrants it. Safe travels my friend and thank you for sharing this post with us..it was an eye-opener for me.
    tes silverman recently posted…Indian Girl Jailed After Reporting RapeMy Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Hi Tes, thanks. Safety is always important and I’m sure that I would have no problem getting violent if the situation warrants it. Safe travels to you as well!

• Andrea says:

I love a good rant, and I love a good rant that uses the f-word. Heck, if you’re using it, so will I. FUCK! I agree 100%. Culture shouldn’t be given a free pass when it comes to violating someone. Simple as that! Great post, and I hope you didn’t get too much flack for it.
    Andrea recently posted…Paris Slideshow 2011My Profile

• Connvoyage says:

Surprisingly, I haven’t. Everyone has just been super supportive. I was actually hoping more people would offer explanations or even defend the jerks, just because I really want to know the reasoning behind this kind of thinking.

• […] This was something that I had wanted to experience for a long time, but with some of my ahem, troubles in India during my previous trip, I was a bit apprehensive about going back to India. I refused to allow my […]