Every Tuesday, it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Join either of the two sessions at 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT to get in on all the fun travel talk! Just follow the #TTOT hashtag!
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT on “Summer Festivals!”
Q1 via AngelinaFoster: What is your top tip for surviving a festival?
- gAdventures: Water. Lots of it
- biggsy321: A toilet roll and some Imodium! There’s nothing like “peace of mind”
- MalloryOnTravel: Leave your wallet and valuables in the safe, carry minimal cash in your shoe
- WSouldier: Eat small, light meals throughout the day so you don’t feel like you’re carrying a rock in your stomach the whole day
- scrapbookoflife: Wet wipes
- Roadtrippers: LOTS of Ibuprofen and Wellington boots in case of bathroom floods
- itravel81: Carry a small empty bag, for your clothes… just in case
- traveldudes: Plan a holiday to recover afterwards
Q2 via luxurytravelmel: What is “must-pack” for going to a summer festival?
- kookabar: Bring cash. It sucks when you realize you can’t purchase anything with your cards
- trevormorrow: Camera, reusable water bottle, snacks
- jouljet: Sunscreen! Saves you for the next day, and for your life of travel
- OneDayInACity: Sunglasses
- FunJoel: Lollipops. They are inexpensive and can make SO MANY people happy when you hand them out for free
- inga_ros: A friend who will bail you out of jail
- lethers: Sunscreen, comfortable clothes and even more important comfortable footwear, lightweight rain gear
- wanderlustng: Water, but you can always barter for that. So fresh underwear. You don’t want to barter for that
- MidlifeRoadTrip: Sunscreen, a hat and DEODORANT
traveldudes: Best Summer Festival to travel to ever would be _____!
- OpenAfricaOrg: Burning Man in Nevada. Or AfrikaBurn would do too
- Nanoz84: I would like to go to Tomatina is Spain and Oktoberfest in Germany
- thetravolution: Croatia Music Garden Festival is on my list
- WSouldier: I’ve always wanted to go to Soundwave in Australia
- jordan_select: Jerash Festival in Jordan. Largest Roman city outside Rome with music, dance, performances by artists from Jordan, Arab region and beyond
senyoritamyx: Will film festivals count? I would like to attend the Cannes Film Festival
- MinaMahrous: Never been but the Up Helly Aa festival in Shetland Scotland sounds GREAT
- NickyArthurPR: Rocking the Daisies. As the name suggests… It rocks
- FourSeasons: Portugal’s Festas de Lisboa: lively streets filled with dancing, music, food and wine
- Airbnb: Love Amsterdam’s Uitmarkt summer festival filled with every type of live performance
- UnnaWildt: Roskilde Festival in Copenhagen for sure
- DaveMcGlashan: Glastonbury is the correct answer
- ilivetotravel: Fete de la Musique in Paris is fun
- MexChar: La Guelaguetza in Oaxaca, Mexico
- BradfordKeen: Benicassim and Flamjangled Tea Party. Both wild but in completely different ways
- Thoopanella: Splendour in the Grass, Byron Bay, Australia! Always a good line up, and best atmosphere
- LloydsTravel: Still have yet to go to Coachella…. A must next summer
- SwannySA: Midsommar, in Sweden… Think: pole dancing, pagans, vodka shots, and seafood. What’s not to love about that?
Q4 via hobonora: Show us your best festival picture!
|L_e_a_h: A4: It’s in Brazil’s summer, so I’d say Carnival|
|jordan_select: A4. Jerash Festival in Jordan|
|itravel81: Lamere festival, Almere, 2011|
|thetravolution: Festa Major in Sitges, Spain|
Q5 via BeyondBlighty: If you had the power/money, what summer festival would you set up and where?
- kitwhelan: A space travel festival! Astronaut ice cream for everyone
- RunawayJuno: I want to set up an overnight stargazing festival in Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
- foodieintl: The Foodie International festival, on a Boeing 777 for a TRUE moveable feast
- hjortur: The Melting Man festival on a floating iceberg in Antarctica. Music stops when the ice vanishes
- jouljet: Week long festival to follow summer across the globe, cover both hemispheres, with music/great bands, beer/wine, on beaches
- Thoopanella: Indie festival on boats in the Mediterranean – you can jump onto a different boat for a new band, all food and booze included
- FloraBaker: A combination of the greatest festivals in a perfect climate: think Air-glasto-chella-Man on a beach somewhere
- detourdumonde: I’d set up a NASA festival, without gravity, flying bands and pogos
And there you have it, “Summer Festivals!”
Next week’s #TTOT topic is: “Sports Travel!” Submit your questions HERE!
See you next Tuesday 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT for the next #TTOT!
Have YOU got anything to add to the “Summer Festivals” discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012