Every Tuesday, it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! There are two scheduled sessions to join: 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT. Follow the #TTOT hashtag on Twitter and join in on the fun!
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT on “A Weekend Away!”
SwannySA: What are your ingredients for the perfect weekend getaway?
- travel_edits: The three S’s: sun, shopping and staying up to party all night
- RunawayJuno: No cell phone. Yes to wifi but no phone call from home or work
- GFexplorers: Think my stomach may be in charge when I’m on a long weekend. It’s all about the street food
FathomWaytoGo: Excellent company. Inspiring destination. Great food. A deck of cards + a good poker face
- reikoallen: Dance shoes, salsa music, jacuzzi tub or a massage after 3 long nights of dancing
VacationChoices: Adventure, Eats & something I’ve never seen
- Turtlecovesuite: My wife, no mobile phone, no kids at the beach house
Q2 via lizcleere: Where’s the furthest you have traveled for a weekend away?
- LauraChubb1: Did Dubai to Istanbul for a weekend
- Roopunzel: New York from London – that was one mad weekend
- toffeebugs: Manila to Hong Kong for the weekend. Two hours flight and you are in a city with different culture
- christinenspain: A weekend away in Morocco..but I live in southern Spain so it’s not TOO far
- hjortur: Flew from Reykjavik to Barcelona for a U2 concert. Soooo worth it
ilivetotravel: Santiago 2 Atlanta. Did it about 20 times in 2010 DangerousBiz: Last summer I flew from Ohio to Vancouver for a weekend to go to TBEX! Definitely far for just 3 days
Q3 via familyonbikes: What do you pack for a weekend away that you don’t for a longer journey?
- 2wildniks: Kayak
- Liligo_UK: Sketchbook, usually can’t be bothered to lug it around on longer trips and opt for a notebook instead
- scrapbookoflife: A change of clothing for each day
- FreakOutOfTown: Fewer toiletries, as I believe in stealing shampoo from friends and loved ones
- wanderplex: More stuff! Somehow I can travel with a lot less on longer trips
AngelinaFoster: I definitely pack more shoes, makeup and accessories for a weekend away
- yomadic: A tent and an “esky”. Weekends away end up being camping weekends
Q4 via economy_carhire: What are your top 3 ultimate destinations for a weekend getaway?
- kelaussie29: Barcelona, Paris, Madrid, Prague if in Europe. Bangkok, Mumbai, Hong Kong in Asia. Melbourne, Brisbane, Queenstown in the Pacific
- LuxeTiffany: New York City; Newport, Rhode Island and the Berkshires, MA
- BudgetTraveller: Top 3 have to be Krakow, Lisbon and St Andrews
FraserApartment: Bangkok, Amsterdam and Bali travel_edits: Copenhagen, Reykjavik and Stockholm are all pretty cool, if you’ll pardon the pun
Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe
- cougjosh: If no money constraints or I had my own jet? Berlin! Dublin! London
travelerlove: Ayayaya… LOMBOK. Melbourne. And Ho Chi Minh is my top ultimate weekend getways
Q5 via Emma_James – Name three items you consider essential for a weekend away
- Lozula: Good company, an open mind, and a stack of cash
- hotels4u_com: Toothbrush, a change of underpants and a smile
- earthswanderer: Good company, nature, relaxation. (vs. running around like a nut
- shannonartsdiva: My camera, my journal, my sense of adventure
- landlopers: Significant other, camera, toothbrush
- monaibra: Great company, music, and comfortable shoes
GoingNomaddanib: Bathing suit, camera, caiprihina
- IPrefer: An open mind, friends/laughter, and snacks
- Nomad_Student: Quiet, laughter & an excellent bottle of red
And there you have it, “A Weekend Away”!
Next week’s #TTOT topic is: “What’s New in 2012!” Submit your questions HERE on #TTOT’s fanpage and don’t forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!
Have YOU got anything to add to the “A Weekend Away” discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012