Every Tuesday, it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! There are two scheduled sessions to join: 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT. Follow the #TTOT hashtag on Twitter and join in on the fun!
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT on “TTOT and its First Year Anniversary!”
Q1 via economy_carhire: Has
#TTOT ever explicitly inspired you to travel somewhere?
- HipTraveler: #TTOT inspires me to grab my passport and explore the world. Just travel for travel’s sake. Everywhere is on my list!
- Roopunzel: Def helped spur my desire to see Northern Lights – the more I talk about it the more I gotta do it! SOON!
- redhunttravel: #TTOT helped create my desire to head to the Faroe Islands
- kelseyivey: #TTOT adds to my travel bucket list weekly. Can’t wait to take some of the trips I’ve learned about
It’s brought a few places to mind in my home country that I had never thought of visiting, plus made lots more mates
- roniweiss: Writing my own answers on
#TTOT has made me want to revisit places that I’ve already been
- kelaussie29: I try and tweet from the classroom if I’m teaching on Tuesdays, difficult but so far successful as I get my students involved
- MalloryOnTravel: Usually with my head in the clouds planning the next epic adventure
- hjortur: Well, I’m sitting in my car now in a snowstorm at the roots of Eyjafjallajokull volcano. How’s that?
- TheAlexLop: Two words. Airplane. BATHROOM!! BLAM
- TravelBlogAgain Sadly, nowhere unusual. Just my boring desk job
- bpmojo: Pretending to take notes in an important meeting, but tweeting about bad bathroom experiences instead
- kymri: Friends who inspire, and find inspiration without attitude. We all love travel, that’s what it’s all about
- LandLopers: Meeting awesome people from around the world and talking about my favorite subject, travel
- Inga_Ros: A platform to share my own advice, stories, pics etc. with like minded people who appreciate them
#TTOT has connected me with people I never would have known and opened hidden doors I never knew were closed FionaHilliard: Best thing is chatting with people as enthusiastic about travel as I am and remembering past trips
- easyJetHolidays: Being part of amazing travel community of lovely people who want to share advice & even embarrassing stories
- nomadicchick: Friendship, laughs and inspiration. And the chance to sift thru travel memories
- santafetraveler: More questions, less time between
- HostelBookers: This ones easy… MAKE #TTOT LONGER!!
- 25travels: I like #TTOT as it is now – no complaints
roniweiss: Sometimes I forget that you can write funny answers, too… Not everything needs to be serious. Creativity is king
- Zimo1984: More pictures!
- MalloryOnTravel: Anybody else think
#TTOT could make a awesome travel conference all of its own?
Q5 via traveldudes What topic would you like to discuss in future?
foodieintl: More culinary adventure travel! I can talk food forever
- Inga_Ros: Theme parks. Yes, I´m being serious
- chimeratravel: With the Olympics coming up this year, maybe something Olympics-related?
- middleseatview: How about active travel? Cycling vacations, kayaking trips, hiking excursions
- 25travels: Booze from around the world
- Xplore724: Nature travel: travel to National parks, Galapagos, etc
And there you have it, “TTOT and its First Year Anniversary”!
Next week’s #TTOT topic is: “Once in a Lifetime Travel!” Submit your questions HERE! And don’t forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!
Have YOU got anything to add to the “TTOT and its First Year Anniversary” discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012