Every Tuesday it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Follow the #TTOT hashtag to see what all the commotion and Tweets are about! There are two sessions to join, one at 9:30am GMT and the other at 9:30pm GMT.
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT:
Q1 via hjortur: What is your dream water vacation?
toniwonitravels: Vacation? Screw that…I want a pair of gills so I can live in it!
- mahlatini: Retracing the foot steps of Darwin with a boat tour of the Galapagos or a cruise of the Zambezi
- WorkingTravellr: Sailing around the world. Just need to learn to sail. And a boat. And teach my girlfriend to swim
- timteece: A summer ride around Alaska would be really good-looking as well
- MalloryOnTravel: The bottom of the Mariana Trench just off the Philippines, deepest trench on Earth
- kitwhelan: I want to go back to Australia and sail around the Great Barrier Reef again! Once wasn’t enough!
FearfulGirl: I want to do the Mediterranean in my sailboat
|Sorry, FearfulGirl, your dream water vacation was MY reality in Turkey =)|
Q2 via solangefrancois: Do you get seasick? How do you manage it?
- nadi_krige: Try peppermint oil on your lips! Apparently it works
katyabroad: Steering the boat also works, kind of takes your mind of the nausea, may increase everyone else’s though!
amzkiz: Tour guide today said to always watch the horizon and stay out of the cabin
RunawayBrit: Was told by a captain of a boat once to eat Jam. “Doesn’t help with the sickness but tastes good when it comes back up”
WanderLoz: I heard green apples help seasickness? Apparently cruise ships often have an abundance of them
kitwhelan: Dramamine works but knocks me out. Just sit on deck and let the wind blow on your face
- driftingfocus: Saltines are your friend. Avoid it by watching the horizon
Q3 via Oysterworldwide: 3 items that you have to take when visiting the ocean/lake?
solangefrancois: Sunnies, sunblock and drinking water
foodieintl: Dive computer, delicious snacks, more snacks
- hyperren: Towel. Beer. Someone to fool around with
MereB: 2 bikinis and sunscreen
- HALcruises: A Captain, a Cabin Steward and an Executive Chef
- dita_sheepo: Camera, Cold Drinks, Good Friends
hjortur: A friend that swims slower than you is a must. You know, in case of sharks
Q4 via Roopunzel: Last time you were WOWed at Lake/Ocean view? Where?
AnisIbrahim: It’s got to be Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
MzansiGirl: Lake Malawi, amazing sunset over the lake surrounded by lovely hills
- hotelobby: Can we consider Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour as WOW enough?
anyaosk: A couple of days ago, actually. I just Came back from Tuscany! Amazing sea views from little villages atop of hills
FearfulGirl: I’m always wow-ed when I fly over any ocean—like ‘wow, that is f*&%ing huge!’
MiddleSeatView: Barbados – blows my mind even after 6 visits
OysterWorldwide: My desktop photo is of Pokhara in Nepal, a beautiful lake with the Annapurna range in the background
|Pokhara, Nepal captured my heart too, OysterWorldwide|
Q5 via loco2: Where is your favorite lake/ocean spot and why? Any photos?
|MalloryOnTravel: Coast of Corsica|
|swanny_adel: The Islands of Dalmatia, Croatia|
|Headredadventure: Lake Titicaca|
|SingleOccuBlog: San Francisco Bay.|
|HotelPRGuy: InterContinental Hanoi Westlake|
WorkingTravellr: Olympos, Turkey
And there you have it, “Lakes and Oceans”!
Have YOU got anything to add to the Lakes and Oceans travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011