Every Tuesday it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Follow the #TTOT tag to see what all the commotion and Tweets are about! There are two sessions to join, one at 9:30am GMT and the other at 9:30pm GMT.
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT:
Q1. How do you define Adventure Travel? (submitted by heliyes)
- LiveShareTravel: Anything where I can’t wear heels!
letssitoutside: Anything that gives you that feeling in your gut
- RickGriffin: Adventure Travel is traveling without and itinerary or a toothbrush
- FearfulGirl: Anything with a high probability of death
- conjostudios: Adventure travel is going to a country the State Department says to avoid
- corduroy08: Eating somewhere where you know the odds of you spending the next 24 hours on a toilet are high
|Street-side dining in Yangon, Burma could lead to toilet praying…|
Q2. Where is the best place in the world to visit for adventure activities and what is the best activity there? (submitted by OysterWorldwide)
- HayleyJWeber: South Africa! World’s highest bungee jump, great white shark diving, abseiling down the face of Table Mountain…need I go on?
- raineenyte: I loved Alaska! Zip lining and glacier trekking were amazing!!!
- redheadedtravel: New Zealand! I’d say whitewater rafting but hell, mountains, water, air, there are so many options
- WomanSeeksWorld: Ice swimming in Helsinki! I had to check if my heart was still in my chest afterwards!
- boomergirl50: CANADA- east, west, mountains, Great Lakes, prairies, badlands, rivers, Arctic. You name, we got adventure
- 25travels: I think the world is too awesome, that being anywhere is an ADVENTURE in itself
|Blondini006 lives the extreme dream in New Zealand|
Q3. What was the wildest and/or strangest adventure you had on your travels? (submitted by traveldudes)
- Rhiannon_FitzG: Travelling around Kenya on my own was pretty wild – not knowing who I was going to meet, where I was going. I climbed Kili too!
- RobAdventurists: Escaping from village in Indonesia jungle where I’d been taken against my will on back of moped!
- laurenameliaw: Trusting some random in Morocco to pick us up and not kill us. That’s another thing: trusting strangers is a new adventure!
- alexplim: Being guided around the Amazon rainforest by a machete-wielding cocaine addict called Julian
- triptrotting: Got bit by a crazy monkey in Thailand
- eculturesjon: I’d say hitchhiking across Jordan. Amazing time!
|corduroy08 goes extreme with a bow and arrow in his travels|
Q4. When does adventure travel become extreme? (submitted by OysterWorldwide)
- MalloryOnTravel: When you need to change your underwear after completing it?
- worldtravelfmly: At the hospital getting your toe sewn back on
- Roopunzel: When ur hearts beating so bloody fast that u need a cup of tea to calm u down
- nonstopWT: When you realize you can’t find your passport
- WillJackJones: When you can’t tell the difference between excitment and fear
- wherechugo: Adventure travel is pushing personal limits. It becomes extreme when it creates issues for self or others
|You know it’s extreme when roniweiss needs a walking stick|
Q5. What’s on your adventure travel bucket list? (submitted by tripofourlife)
|FearfulGirl‘s top travel adventure includes scuba diving|
- itchyfeetegypt: Great white shark diving and safari in Kenya
- Travelbite: Mountain-biking down death road, Bolivia
- MiddleSeatView: My travel bucket list is a world atlas
- HerrFlyiboy: Trying to find the lost city of Atlantis
- kirstyabrown: Love to do the Three Peaks, climb Kilimanjaro, hike in Patagonia and explore Alaska
- eurapart: I don’t have a bucket list. With a mind open to adventure, it will find me
|Trekking the Himalayas in Nepal was my biggest adventure yet|
And there you have it, “Adventure Travel!”
Have you got anything to add?
© Connie Hum 2011