Every Tuesday, it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Each week is a fun, new topic. Join either of the two sessions at 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT to get in on all the fun travel talk!
Just follow the #TTOT hashtag!
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT on “Road Trip Travels!”
Q1 via @eurotriptips: What’s the best country to go on a roadtrip and why?
- @CorneliusAesop: I would say the USA; its size and diversity (climate, geography, cultures, etc.) Plus it has classic interstate roadways
- @worldwanders: Taiwan on a scooter! Valleys, mountains, beaches, countryside, futuristic metro city….all of it
- @monchi26: South Africa. Good infrastructure, great landscapes and sights, nice B&Bs
- @Focaljourney: Argentina: urban, jungle, beach, glaciers, pampas, desert, mountains, waterfalls, etc. You name it, they have it
- @AngelFCast: Ireland. Easy to drive. Lots of great scenery. All of the hidden gems are reachable by car
- @TravelPassionis: Australia- 4WD adventure on deserted routes
- @stimpressions: One of the best and unforgettable road trip is the Great Ocean Road, Australia
|An incredible road trip in Iceland, 2007|
Q2 via @tide_trip: Who would you most like to go on a road trip with and why?
- @ilivetotravel: Someone who knows how to fix a car
- @constantramble: Anthony Bourdain because he is a sexy bad boy that loves good eats and can always appreciate local cultures
- @DangerousBiz: I road tripped with my sister last summer, and it was great! She’s a good road trip buddy. Plus, we had time to bond
- @brandon_darnell: I’d most like to road trip with friends, but save a seat for a local who wants to show us the hidden gems
- @DeltaVacations: Alex Trebek. He’d keep me busy with trivia, and probably knows the history of everything we’d see
- @Hjortur: I recommend picking up hitch hikers. They’re like a box of chocolate. You never know what you’re gonna get
- @PLUSjordi: Justin Bieber – so I could leave him in the middle of nowhere
Q3 via @lucy_c_b: Don’t go on a road trip without ____
- @lethers: Firstly a great sense of adventure; then a great sense of humour; some flexibility; an open mind… Oh, and a camera
- @saraorsarah: You cannot roadtrip without decent music. Hearing Abba on loop through Kenya was a living hell
- @Fairfield_Tours: Snacks and maps
- @RickGriffin: Bail/Bribe money
- @elatlboy: Car supplies: jumper cables, bottled water, blanket, spare tire kit
- @Em30b430: Is it too British to say teabags?
Q4 via @ae_carhire: What are your tricks to stay entertained on a long road trip?
- @MiniTimeFamily: Great conversation. Nothing passes the time quicker
- @caravanofone: Screaming at the top of my lungs to my favorite songs and waving my hands out the window
- @miss_starling: Take annoying amounts of photographs and eat copious amounts of sweeties
- @JennySerwylo: I perfect my mad rap artist skills by rapping along to music or just making it up. My car-mates LOVE it
- @WanderOne: Filming myself giving running commentary. Makes for hilarious post-trip videos
- @Travel_Rich: Wave at pedestrians and drivers. Watch the confusion and see how many wave back
- @WeWantSun: An audio book is also a great option for those who can’t read in the car
- @TopdeckTravel: Singing to classic power ballads
Q5 via @priyaganapathy: What are the most bizarre road signs you’ve come across? Show us a picture
|@HW_Travel: This was taken to warn people of cassowary crossings in Cape Trib|
@KyleGoesGlobal: Kusadasi, Turkey
@incoherentboy: loved this sign in LA
|@Reserve123: This one’s pretty bad… what’s a driver to do?|
And there you have it, “Road Trip Travels!”
Next week’s #TTOT topic is: “Adventure and Activities!” Submit your questions HERE!
See you Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT for the next #TTOT!
Have YOU got anything to add to the “Road Trip Travels” discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012