Every Tuesday, it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Join either of the two sessions at 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT to get in on all the fun travel talk! Just follow the #TTOT hashtag!
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT on “Special Travel Moments!”
Q1 via Boomeranghotels: What special travel moment do you most want to relive?
- boz23: That very first moment when I stepped on a plane and knew I was leaving NZ for the first time
- AdelaideTrip: Eating my quiet alfresco BBQ dinner on Kangaroo Island, realizing there’s a kangaroo right next to me enjoying his too
- littlegingerkid: The special travel moment I want to relive is being the only person inside the Great Pyramid of Giza one evening. Awe-inspiring
- WSouldier: Seeing the breach of a humpback whale on an Alaskan fjord cruise
- MyDestination: Stuck in a lightning storm on a floating restaurant in Florida when a manatee and her cub come up to the dock for a snack
- lethers Kayaking at night with bioluminescence all around. Just magical
- sarahewingnz: Feeling the heat and smell, when first arriving in a hot climate gets happy every time
trevormorrow: At 18, landing in New Delhi at night, alone. It was scary/exhilarating. I’ll never have that same feeling again while traveling
Q2 via traveldudes: Where would you travel to have your special travel moment? What would it be?
- GoSeeWrite: I’d like to hit my last continent, a little ice walking and photography in Antartica
- AnnaHeimbichner: I’d like to stargaze in the Sahara desert, or throw a massive party on a private island with all my friends
- SwannySA: Riding a horse across the plains of Mongolia, returning to my yurt and catching sunset with the local nomads
- itselanor: I’ve always wanted to recreate Darjeeling Limited. I want to be these guys
- cgywayfarer: Climbing and summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro with any of my close friends willing enough to come and try it
- purpletravel: Apart from the moon, I am dying to see India. The sights, smells, experience. Feels like would be amazing
kitwhelan: I want to go to space and float around a Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo crozul: Visiting Petra in Jordan and hiking up Machu Pichu
Q3 via jdomb: Post a picture of your most memorable special travel moment
|iamfrafuga: Anak Krakatau’s amazing show|
|MarkVogler: Spending a night out in Antarctica|
|RickGriffin: Glacier landing in Alaska|
|cynthiahapidayz: Swimming in the Devil’s Pool at the edge of the Victoria Falls was pretty special|
Q4 via sebaboerner: Where is your personal paradise?
- malloryontravel: No question the Himalaya, a destination that never fails to take my breath away
- inga_ros: Any “private” beach on or around the Dalmatian coast in Croatia is my personal paradise
- KnutLoose: I’m a history buff, so for it me its historical sites, temple, monuments. I’m a junkie
- giuliaccia: My personal paradise doesn’t have a name. I could never find it again without a local’s help. It’s 150km south of Marsa Alam, Egypt
- monaibra: Probably Cape Cod, or maybe Agerola on the Amalfi coast
theBubbleBuster: My persoal paradise is my parents backyard… unspoiled views of a beautiful big lake and barely a sound around. Bliss
- sebaboerner: Una Wantuna beach in the south of Sri Lanka
- JordiCasinos: Never felt more in tune with myself & earth than when walking barefoot frm island 2 island in the Okavango Delta
Q5 via StudentTravelog: What travel experience are you most likely to tell your grand kids?
- Roopunzel: Most probably the first time seeing the New York skyline
AlexBerger: I’ll probably have to share being stranded above the Arctic Circle in a small isolated village on September 11th, 2001
- WSouldier: All of them! I might use all of my travel stories as bedtime stories instead of fairytales
raghavmodi: My Greek vacation to celebrate a friend’s wedding. Backpacking across Europe
- Insure_My_Villa: When I visited my Grandfather in Cyprus & stayed with him for a week – wonderful experience, wonderful culture
- inna_heights: Edited versions of all until they decide to do it all themselves
aadhuu: They might be laughing at our stories cos we mingled at our backyards whilst they will be visiting planets and outer space
And there you have it, “Special Travel Moments!”
Next week’s #TTOT topic is: “Sustainable Travel!” Submit your questions HERE!
See you next Tuesday 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT for the next #TTOT!
Have YOU got anything to add to the “Special Travel Moments” discussion?
© Connie Hum 2012