Every Tuesday it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Follow the #TTOT hashtag to see what all the commotion and Tweets are about! There are two sessions to join, one at 9:30am GMT and the other at 9:30pm GMT.
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT:
Q1 via pocketvillage: What’s the first thing that comes into your mind when you think of Festival?
ExpatGermany: Bright colors, loud music and FUN
Technosyncratic: Tents! And delicious food. And outrageous outfits. And hopefully good music!
our_oyster: MUSIC!!! and mud and food that will really clog your arteries…..and beer. Lots of beer!
- colmhanratty: Good times. Lots and lots (and lots) of good times
- backpackforever: Those big feather headdresses all the girls wear during Carnival
TravelingEditor: Kegs, 1-litre tankards, yard glasses – not beer containers but instruments from which you drink from
- liligo_uk: If that festival is in the UK then definitely Wellingtons!
- swanny_adel: Doobies & boobies
Q2 via anythingtuscan: Everybody loves music and food festivals – what are the other top scorers?
- AnatheaT: Hot air balloon festival in Quebec or the International Puppet Festival in Ontario
- Himalfootsteps: Enchanted Forest Festival in Pitlochry – an illuminated forest at night, absolutely beautiful & on now
- hyperren: And of course, I dream of Oktoberfest
nomadicchick: I’d say Holi in India. Had the best times of my life!
- theexplorateur: Film festivals are always fun!
AdventureJo: Done it before but I’d do it again: “The San Marcos National Fair” in Aguascalientes. Mexico’s biggest festival
Technosyncratic: The garlic festival in Gilroy, CA. Who wants garlic ice-cream?
hyperren: As a full-time theater geek and part-time movie geek, Theater Festivals and Film Festivals are awesome
- HotelPRGuy: Cultural, reflective festivals, like the Feast of Immaculate Conception in Rome
Q3 via cemonde: If asked to name just one, which festival would you like to attend?
AcaciaAfrica: The Sauti za Busara fest on Zanzibar – the friendliest music on the planet & the spice island
soloSicily: Cioccolart in Taormina! Tons of chocolate all for you to taste!
onlyapartmentsI: If you want to discover true Balcan music, don’t miss the Guča trumpet festival in Serbia!
farihanpadilla: La Tomatina Festival
- londonescaper: I must go to Burning Man at least once before I die – MUST!
MiddleSeatView: I’d love to go to Disney Food & Wine Festival
- BespokeTravels: Have always wanted to attend the Cannes Film Festival
ehalve: I need to go to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival
Q4 via HostelBookers: What is the furthest you’ve traveled to for festival?
destinationeu: Paris to Arras (near Lille) for the Main Square Festival to see Pearl Jam
- adventurouskate: Rode in the bed of a truck from Phnom Penh to dusty middle of Cambodia to celebrate end of harvest!
- jm_deluxe: Flew from London to Germany for a massive rave in an old abandoned RAF Fighter Jet base
Roopunzel: UK > Portugal for 9 days of PsyTrance at Boom – OMG!!!!
- crozul: Traveled to Brazil for Carnaval – one of the best experiences of my life!
- farihanpadilla: From Malaysia to Valencian Town of Buñol, for La Tomatina festival.
Q5 via himalfootsteps: What’s the weirdest thing you ever experienced at a festival?
TotalTravelBug: My friend burst a bouncy castle shaped like Beyonce’s bum at Leeds Fest. We all got trapped in Beyonce’s bum!
- MikeCjourno: Watching Slayer fans repeatedly shout SLAYER at each other for hours on end at Reading
- backpackergurl: In a mock jail cell at the Boryeong Mud Festival where they chuck buckets of mud in your face
- IdealCruising: A clean porterloo on day 3 of the Isle of Wight Festival, I felt like I had won the lottery!
- traveldudes: On one of the Love Parade wagons, they were filming a porno
- lionsandcows: People dressed as pickles at the Picklefest in NY State – hilarious
- eurapart: If you didn’t experience anything weird, you were not at a festival
And there you have it, “Festival Travel”!
Next week’s #TTOT topic is: “Communicating with Home.” Submit your questions HERE! And don’t forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!
Have YOU got anything to add to the Festival Travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011