Every Tuesday it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Follow the #TTOT tag to see what all the commotion and Tweets are about! There are two sessions to join, one at 9:30am GMT and the other at 9:30pm GMT.
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT:
Q1 via travel_edits: Which journey made you feel SMALL within the planet?
tranquilotravel: Hiking in the Rocky Mountains
AdventureJo: Joining the travel community on Twitter. You guys have seen so much!
velvetescape: Patagonia for sure!
TravelBlggr: Laying on the beach in Mexico and looking at the stars … there was a ba-gill-ion of them!
mobilelawyer: Crossing the Pacific by cargo freighter. 18 days of nonstop movement to get across. Massive ocean. Tiny people
- Drafted_Boy: Physically the Great Wall of China – imagining that it was built by hand was mind boggling
Q2 via mobilelawyer: Ever taken a religious pilgrimage or had a visit to a religious/spiritual site move your soul?
RayJGordon: Many temples in Kyoto
- TippettPR: Visited Assisi and Chapel of St.Francis. Peaceful, beautiful, humbling in it’s simplicity
DoSomethingCool: The amazing churches in Granda, Nicaragua moved me. You can’t walk ten feet without running into a jaw dropping one there
TravelProducer: The Wailing Wall in Israel, Tabgha in Galilee Region, and Sierra Blanca in New Mexico. Total Spiritual Awakenings!
- TheAlexLop: Haven’t been yet, but I’m sure Machu Picchu is going to make me sob like a baby
|Machu Picchu, Peru|
Q3 via IPrefer: What is your perfect soundtrack for an epic journey?
amilyd: Have to go with anything Muse. Epic ballads for an epic journey
TimetogoNance: I like Lost Highway by Bon Jovi…”I’m busting loose….I’m letting go…out on this open road…”
- sinefm: Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys or Legend by Bob Marley and the Wailers
- TendToTravel: Never bring music when travelling. Just soak in as much culture as possible. Its more engaging I think
- connvoyage: Listened to Sigur Ros the whole time I drove the ring road in Iceland!
|Driving Iceland’s majestic Ring Road|
Q4 via pamheld: What took your breath away?
Kim_Wildman: Watching the sunset over the Serengeti – MAGIC!
- solotraveler: Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- jeremybelcher: Iguazu Falls. Absolutely spectacular.
- sebaboerner: A humpback whale lifting my kayak in Byron Bay, Australia
- travelettes: I‘d say the energy of new york, the architecture of paris and the wild beauty of the amazon jungle
|Times Square, New York City|
Q5 via mobilelawyer: Tell us about the epic journey you have not yet done, but you will before you die.
- cougjosh: Roadtrip around New Zealand. This must be done. and soon.
- alannafree: Got the rest of my life and a lot of the gobe to travel…pretty epic. Til then there’s this journey to work…
- glampacker: I’m going to walk the Camino de Santiago, maybe even next year…
- KnowThePlace: I’ll re-trace my mother’s journey from Vietnam to the US: the high seas, Malaysia, Ford Chaffee in Ark, the Midwest, NorCal, SoCal
- MiddleSeatView: Wadi Rum & Petra. Bucket list, hopefully to be crossed off soon (maybe b/f the end of the year!)
|The Treasury, Petra, Jordan|
And there you have it, “Epic Journeys”!
Have YOU got anything to add to the Overnight Travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011