Every Tuesday it’s Travel Talk on Twitter! Follow the #TTOT tag to see what all the commotion and Tweets are about! There are two sessions to join, one at 9:30am GMT and the other at 9:30pm GMT.
Here’s the round-up of this week’s #TTOT:
Q1 via marksmayo What would you consider to be the most romantic place to travel?
- poshbrood: Prague: very romantic w/beautiful architecture, bridges, river, luxe hotels, free concerts, great restos & museums
AtHomeAway: I also thought Bruges, Belgium was romantic in that charming wanna-put-it-in-my-pocket-and-take-it-home sort of way
- gr8ful4dmb: 1st thought is Paris; art, architecture, food and ambience
- travelightly: Buenos Aires – great music, dancing, wine, and men, what more could I ask for!
- TheKarenHawkins: One of the most romantic places I’ve been is Istanbul. Not Constantinople
Q2 via jayneytravels What nations makes the best lovers – and why? (dish the dirt!)
- ofrevolt: Gotta be honest – as LUVAHS – love French, love the Brits, but my fellow Americans – I salute you!
- TippettPR: The Irish. In the eyes, In the charm, in the craic and in the fab walks across Wicklow
- mygo2it: The Philippines put the ‘P’ in passion!
alexandraeh: A bit cliche, but Brazilians and French. They both kiss like nobody’s business! …and that’s a tried-and-true opinion
Ashley_Tinnon: Italians. I can personally vouch for that one
Q3 via marksmayo What is the *least* romantic place on earth?
- travelightly: Las Vegas in the middle of July
- FlyingTalk : Cairo.. definitely Cairo
- insidetravellab: GUM/STD clinics worldwide…
elleswim: North Korea
travelmammal: It’s a tie: Cleveland and Detroit. Sorry Cleveland and sorry Detroit
- traveldudes: Bucharest…
- easytoursofasia: Anywhere with bugs, terrorists, or children
TimmyTabasco: New Dehli?
Q4 via myGo2it Have you ever found romance while traveling? If so, how and where?
- InroadsIreland: Met great Irish tour guide backpacker tour got married later now we run our own tour biz!
CorneliusAesop: Buzios Brazil. She was from the amazon and worked at a favorite bar of mine
- TheLondonJob: Barcelona. If you are a little lost tourist girl …there are strong men helping you out…
missemalise: I was proposed to by a drunk Scottish man my first time alone in Amsterdam. In broad daylight. In the middle of the street
- Psychedgirl: American Summer camps. Never lasted beyond the summer though. Fell in love with a few countries though…
- tbloggersunite: Baltimore (no really!), San Diego, Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, Sweden, is that bad?
- RainyDayTravelr: Hmm, while studying in Spain…ay mi!
Q5 via ofrevolt Which famously *romantic* place was all hype?
driftingfocus: “Love Land” on Jeju Island, South Korea – a sex-themed park. Hilarious, yes. Sexy? No
- travelettes: Venice – so touristy, so overpriced, so much pigeon poo – no romantic mood in sight
- BespokeTravels: The Eiffel Tower
- findmeetgo: Canadian side of Niagara Falls
travelmammal: Truth…Bahamas. Just didn’t do it for me or my girl
And there you have it, “Romance Travel”!
Have you got anything to add to the Romance Travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011